Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery offers comprehensive treatment options for all types and severity levels of acne. The latest advancements in acne treatment include light-based treatments, laser therapy, medical grade skin peels, bacteria fighting treatments, skin care treatments and more.
We can help whether you suffer from an occasional breakout or extreme acne. Most forms of acne improve using a combination of treatments performed on a regular basis. We will often begin laser and light-based therapies, then follow-up with regular maintenance treatments. After carefully examining your condition, Dr. Chernoff and our experienced staff of healthcare professionals will recommend a program to help keep your skin clear.
Types of Acne
We treat all types of acne at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, including:
- Acne Vulgaris – The most common form of acne, appearing as papules, whiteheads, blackhead, pustules and cystic nodules.
- Acne Conglobata – A severe form of acne vulgaris with interconnected lesions.
- Acne Fulminans – A severe form of acne conglobata that forms ulcerated lesions leading to severe scarring.
- Gram-Negative Folliculitis – A rare bacterial infection characterized by cysts and pustules.
- Acne Rosacea – A form of acne appearing as a red rash that can occur on the nose, cheeks and chin. It may also be accompanied by pimples, bumps, and blemishes and may cause parts of the face such as the nose (rhinophyma), cheeks and chin to protrude.
- Pyoderma Faciale ( Rosacea Fulminans) – A severe form of acne that causes large, painful pustules and nodules and may lead to severe scarring if left untreated.
With the exception of surgical CO2 laser resurfacing, all acne treatments are completed in our office. Treatments take between an hour and 1 ½ hours. Most treatments are not uncomfortable and do not require anything more than a topical numbing cream.
- Laser Therapy – Our state-of-the-art laser therapy treatments offer truly effective results. Depending on the severity and type of the acne, different therapeutic settings can be used. Broad-based light treatments can minimize sebaceous glands, shrink inflamed blood vessels, diminish pigment variations, and improve skin tone and quality. Laser therapy can also be combined with bipolar radio frequency to further improve the quality of the skin. We provide Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT) for complex cases. This fractional CO2 laser technology shrinks sebaceous glands, blends pigment, and stimulates new collagen growth while improving scarring and skin quality.
- Skin Refining Treatments – We offer a variety of safe, effective skin treatments designed to reduce and control acne. The all new SaltFacial restores, replenishes, and rejuvenates the skin using the healing power of natural sea salt, ultrasound, and LED phototherapy to disinfect and draw out impurities in the skin. Our medical grade peels use retinoic and salicylic acids to comfortably exfoliate the sink without burning. An acne facial and microdermabrasion exfoliate, nourish and balance the skin to control and minimize troublesome acne breakouts.
- Skin Care – Medical grade skin care products use effective ingredients to maintain healthy skin and control acne. Our newest skincare product for acne improvement contains Nitrox Oxide that helps reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and reduce bacteria.
- Prescriptions – Dr. Chernoff may recommend antibiotics, drug therapy specifically formulated for acne, and prescription medications applied topically to the skin in combination with other treatments for optimal results.
Our patients who suffer from acne have the best results when they maintain a regular treatment regimen. Dr. Chernoff and our experienced staff have helped hundreds of patients improve their skin and, as a result, their self-esteem.