All acne is not the same. This makes sense as there are many factors that cause acne and can exacerbate your breakouts. Understanding what type of acne you have is the first step to treatment.
Dr. Greg Chernoff and his skincare professionals offer comprehensive treatment options for all types and severity levels of acne. We diagnoses and treat men and women, all age ranges, and all skin types. We can help whether you suffer from an occasional breakout or chronic acne. Most forms of acne improve using a combination of treatments performed on a regular basis.
Acne Treatment Results
Dr. Chernoff will often begin with effective acne reduction therapies including laser and light-based therapies, then follow-up with regular maintenance treatments. Different types of acne are treated based on the symptoms and proven effective therapies; including, light-based treatments, laser therapy, medical grade skin peels, bacteria fighting treatments, skin care treatments and more. The latest advancements in acne are offered underneath one roof at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Santa Rosa, CA.
After carefully examining your condition, Dr. Greg Chernoff and our experienced staff of healthcare professionals will recommend a program to help keep your skin clear.
What Types of Treatments are Offered for Acne?
Click on CC in video to view Closed Captions.
While mild cases of acne can often be treated with varying degree of success with a variety of over-the-counter acne products, many people suffer with acne that needs medical attention. However, many cases just don’t respond well to OTC treatments and require non-surgical interventions. Dr. Chernoff offers time-tested therapies that combine different technologies and treatments for optimal results.
Most of the treatments offered at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery to treat acne are done in the office. Treatment times vary from patient to patient. Most treatments are not uncomfortable and do not require anything more than a topical numbing cream.*
Who Can Benefit from Acne Treatment
There are different types of acne affecting men and women and all age ranges. At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we customize your treatment based on your specific type of acne. The different types of acne conditions include:
- Acne Vulgaris –The most common form of acne, appearing as papules, whiteheads, blackhead, pustules and cystic nodules.
- Acne Conglobata – A severe form of acne vulgaris with interconnected lesions.
- Acne Fulminans – A severe form of acne conglobata that forms ulcerated lesions leading to severe scarring.
- Acne Rosacea – A form of acne appearing as a red rash that can occur on the nose, cheeks and chin. It may also be accompanied by pimples, bumps, and blemishes and may cause parts of the face such as the nose (rhinophyma), cheeks and chin to protrude.
Gram-Negative Folliculitis – A rare bacterial infection characterized by cysts and pustules.
- Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans) – A severe form of acne that causes large, painful pustules and nodules and may lead to severe scarring if left untreated.
Dr. Chernoff will conduct a skin evaluation and review your medical history to recommend a customized treatment plan to help you achieve clear, healthy skin.
What Types of Acne Treatments are Offered?
- Laser Therapy – Our state-of-the-art laser therapy treatments offer truly effective results. Depending on the severity and type of the acne, different therapeutic settings can be used. Broad-based light treatments can minimize sebaceous glands, shrink inflamed blood vessels, diminish pigment variations, and improve skin tone and quality. Laser therapy can also be combined with bipolar radio frequency to further improve the quality of the skin. We provide Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT) for complex cases. This fractional CO2 laser technology shrinks sebaceous glands, blends pigment, and stimulates new collagen growth while improving scarring and skin quality.
- Skin Refining Treatments – We offer a variety of safe, effective skin treatments designed to reduce and control acne. The SaltFacial™ restores, replenishes, and rejuvenates the skin using the healing power of natural sea salt, ultrasound, and LED phototherapy to disinfect and draw out impurities in the skin. Our medical grade peels use retinoic and salicylic acids to comfortably exfoliate the skin without burning. An acne facial and microdermabrasion exfoliate, nourish and balance the skin to control and minimize troublesome acne breakouts.
- Skin Care – Medical grade skin care products use effective ingredients to maintain healthy skin and control acne. Our newest skincare product for acne improvement contains Nitrox Oxide that helps reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and reduce bacteria.
- Prescriptions – Dr. Chernoff may recommend antibiotics, drug therapy specifically formulated for acne, and prescription medications applied topically to the skin in combination with other treatments for optimal results.
While most types of acne can be treated in the office, patients who suffer from Rhinophyma, surgical intervention may be advised. Also, surgical CO2 laser resurfacing is done in our outpatient surgical center.
Dr. Chernoff and his skincare professionals can prescribe an acne treatment regimen that will give you better results and provide proper at-home acne maintenance skin care.
What are the Results
The amount of time it takes to recover and see noticeable improvements in your acne is dependent on the type of acne you have and your treatment. Most treatments involve no recovery time, and patients can return to work and other normal activities directly after treatment.*
However, deeper skin peels and aggressive laser treatments may require a one- to two-day recovery period. Many of our patients like to schedule these treatments on a Friday so that they can return to work or school on Monday. Risks are minimal if patients carefully follow their aftercare instructions.*
Our patients who suffer from acne have the best results when they maintain a regular treatment regimen. We can help you improve your skin and, as a typically as a result, your self-esteem.
Why Dr. Greg Chernoff for your Non-surgical Skincare Treatments
When considering non-surgical skincare treatments, finding the right aesthetic doctor can mean the difference between great results and less than optimal results. Board certification, advanced training and skills, along with years of experience are important factors to consider when selecting your cosmetic physician.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Santa Rosa, CA you can be reassured that Dr. Greg Chernoff has the appropriate surgical certifications, extensive knowledge, experience, surgical skill and aesthetic vision. Dr. Chernoff is a renowned aesthetic surgeon and educator.
Over the last 20-years, Dr. Chernoff has significantly contributed to the advancements in Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine. He was one of the pioneers of both surgical and non-surgical laser therapy. He has pioneered many new skincare treatments and over the years has been refining the therapies to improve and enhance his patient’s skin. Research is important to him since it allows him to stay on the cutting edge of new therapies and techniques.
You can trust your cosmetic laser and light cosmetic enhancement treatments to Dr. Chernoff, a triple board certified facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Dr. Chernoff is certified by The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Chernoff is an expert face and body cosmetic enhancement physician who has performed thousands of non-surgical aesthetic procedures for men and women in Santa Rosa, CA and the surrounding communities for over 20 years.*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Contact Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery to see if you are a candidate.