Have you stuck faithfully to diet and exercise practices, but can’t seem to get rid of a few stubborn areas of excess fat? You may want to consider the benefits of liposuction.
While liposuction can be used to address excess fat in nearly any area of the body, the most common treatment areas include the abdomen, buttocks, chest, chin, hips, love handles, thighs, and arms. Liposuction is not designed as a weight loss procedure, but to remove areas of fat that have not responded to diet or exercise.
Dr. Greg Chernoff uses a specialized liposuction technique that sculpts the body to provide a blended and natural look. We call this procedure, liposculpting because Dr. Chernoff uses a unique approach that selectively removes fat to create curves in women or sculpted abs for men.
If you’re interested in learning more about liposuction and sculpting your body, contact us to schedule your personalized consultation for liposuction at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Santa Rosa. CA.
What is Liposuction
Liposuction is a procedure performed to remove unwanted, concentrated areas of fat from nearly anywhere in the body. During treatment, a suction tube is inserted into the patient’s desired treatment area through tiny incisions. Using the power of a high-pressure vacuum, excess fat is extracted from the body, resculpting previous bulging into attractive, defined contours.
The techniques for liposuction have evolved considerably over the years, making it a much safer and effective method for body shaping and contouring for men and women.
Who can Benefit from Liposuction?
The most common areas of liposuction in women are the abdomen, hips, and thighs while in men they are the abdomen and love handles.
Liposuction at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery benefits include:
- Body contouring customized to your aesthetic goals
- Long-lasting fat reduction results*
- Treatment administered by an experienced physician
- Safe and effective treatment
Before undergoing a liposuction procedure, patients must first schedule a consultation appointment with a member of our medical staff. While liposuction has helped countless people achieve their ideal bodies, it is important for patients to keep in mind that liposuction is a body sculpting treatment, not an obesity treatment. Only patients who are otherwise medically healthy qualify for this procedure.
What Areas of the Body can Benefit from Liposuction
Dr. Greg Chernoff skillfully sculpts a patient’s body using liposuction. The most common areas for men and women to have liposculpture include:
- Abdomen – Both the upper and lower abdominal areas can benefit from liposuction. The lower stomach is targeted for excess fat removal, particularly in men and women. Dr. Chernoff may recommend abdominal liposuction be performed with a tummy tuck to achieve optimal results.
- Buttocks – Excess fat in this area is a common female problem and often referred to as “saddle bags.”
- Lower Chin – Excess fat in the lower chin can be liposuctioned for patients with good skin elasticity. Dr. Chernoff may recommend liposuction be performed with a chin implant, facelift or mini-facelift to achieve optimal results. The Ellevate™ neck contouring procedure may also be considered.
- Thighs – Excess fat on the thighs can benefit from liposuction. The thighs are particularly resistant to diet and exercise.
- Male Breasts – Gynecomastia or “man boobs” can be addressed with liposuction. Excess fat is removed to reduce the appearance Gynecomastia. CoolSculpting® is also an option for patients who are unable to undergo surgery.
- Arms – As women age, fat can accumulate under the arms. Some women refer to this problem as “bat wings”. Dr. Chernoff has safely and effectively removed this area of stubborn fat.
- Bra Fat – Some women see small areas of fat where the shoulder connects with the body that hangs over a bra. This bothersome fat collection can be removed with liposuction.
PREPARING FOR Liposuction SURGERYPrior to any surgical procedure, Dr. Chernoff recommends that all our patients read our “Patient Guide for Plastic Surgery”. The guide explains important points that all patients should think about as they are considering a procedure.
What Results can You Expect After Your Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. Most liposuction procedure operations are performed under a twilight or general anesthetic in an outpatient setting. If larger amounts of fat are removed, Dr. Chernoff recommends staying overnight in our Guest House.
You will be required to wear a girdle and abdominal binder to aid skin contraction for about six weeks after your liposuction procedure. Postoperative discomfort is minimal and, if necessary, treated with mild pain medication. Any bruising usually disappears in a few weeks. After liposuction, patients can expect to see optimal results once all swelling is resolved at 6 months post procedure.*
After Surgery Care
Because a liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, patients should expect to wait between two and three days, dependent upon the extent of their liposuctioned area before resuming their normal daily activities.*
Following your liposuction procedure, Dr. Chernoff and our dedicated team of recovery and after care nurses will provide you with specific instructions regarding the best way to care for your body following your liposuction procedure to promote healing while reducing discomfort.
Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery patients who travel to our Santa Rosa office for their Liposuction can choose to stay in our Guest House after their procedure. Our staff will advise you with the details.
Why Dr. Greg Chernoff for your Body Augmentation, Shaping & Contouring Surgery?
When considering cosmetic surgery, finding the right surgeon can mean the difference between great results and less than optimal results. Board certification, advanced training and skills, along with years of experience are important factors to consider when selecting your body augmentation, shaping and contouring cosmetic surgeon. You only have one body and you want to be sure to select the “best” plastic surgeon for your procedure.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Santa Rosa, CA you can be reassured that he has the appropriate surgical certifications, extensive knowledge, experience, surgical skill and aesthetic vision. Dr. Chernoff is a renowned aesthetic surgeon and educator.
You can trust your liposuction procedure to Dr. Chernoff, a triple board certified facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Dr. Chernoff is certified by The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Chernoff has performed hundreds of face and body cosmetic surgeries and procedures for men and women in Santa Rosa, CA and the surrounding communities for over 20 years.*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Contact Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery to see if you are a candidate.